Rumi, a 13th century Persian spiritual teacher, was asked:
What is spiritual maturity?
1. It’s when we stop trying to change others and focus on changing ourselves.
2. It is when we accept people as they are.
3. It is when we understand that everyone is correct according to their own perspective.
4. It is when we learn to “let go”.
5. It is when we are able to not have “expectations” in a relationship, and we give of ourselves for the pleasure of giving.
6. It is when we understand that what we do, we do for our own peace.
7. It’s when we stop showing the world how smart we are.
8. It’s when we stop seeking approval from others.
9. It’s when we stop comparing ourselves to others.
10. It is when we are at peace with ourselves.
11. It is when we are able to distinguish between “need” and “want” and we are able to let go of that want.
12. Spiritual maturity is gained when we stop attaching “happiness” to material things!
— Beloved Rumi
I have joined with many parents affected with the surreal , yet accepted issue of child abuse via Pathogenic Parenting / Domestic abuse.
As a survivor of Domestic Abuse, denial abounded that 3 sons were not affected. In my
desire to be family to those who have found me lacking . As a survivor of psychiatric abuse, therapist who abused also and toxic prescribed medications took me to hell on earth with few moments of heaven.
I will share my life, my experiences and my studies and research.. I will talk to small circles and I will council ; as targeted parents , grandparents , aunts , uncles etc. , are
denied contact with a child for reasons that serve the abuser ...further abusing the child.
I grasp the trauma and I have looked at the lost connection to a higher power..
I grasp when one is accustomed to privilege, equality can feel like discrimination..
Shame and affluence silences a lot of facts , truths that have been labeled "negative".
It is about liberation of the soul from projections of a alienator , and abuser ..
View all posts by GreatCosmicMothersUnited