“To my white sisters,
Our responsibility right now is to shut the fuck up and listen.
Your “all lives matter” bullshit is NOT OKAY.
Black women and women of color need OUR FULL HEARTS, FULL EARS, AND FULL ATTENTION on their pain.
Willingness to feel the depth, and learn.
Rage is healthy.
Listen to the longing, the fear, and the sadness inside of it.
Find the angelic light.
We have to do our own work and see how we carry traces of racism inside.
It’s real, from a society that taught us all the wrong things.
We have to speak in whatever way we can… with trembling voices. Any voice is better than no voice.
I just started my period and had the most painful 24 hours of my life. I was imagining that I was experiencing that… the pain of being woman… as well as IF I were a woman of color at the same time. Obviously I will never fully know, but I went there in the depths of my feeling space last night.
Because the only way we are going to heal this world is if we FEEL the pain of our beautiful brothers and sisters.
Please, do just that. Feel.
Feel the pain of a whole people who has been silenced, gaslighted, manipulated, killed, oppressed, and seen as the criminal.
Again, you can never know fully.
And educate yourself.
Here are some resources I’d love to share.
▪ The movie 13th on Netflix. Highly recommend.
▪ Rachel Ricketts resources and webinars: https://www.rachelricketts.com/antiracism-resources
▪ Black activists on Instagram. @rachel.cargle @iamrachelricketts @femalecollective @ihartericka @sonyareneetaylor @ckyourprivilege @refinedtherapy @blackandembodied … to name a few.
▪ I am personally doing a weekly council with 2 of my white sisters to go deep + discuss how we can do better together while sharing books.
▪ You can also check out http://www.antiracismforbeginners.com
And… some action steps:
▪ Do your homework. Become aware of what’s going on for Black people in today’s world.
▪ Feel their pain.
▪ Speak up.
▪ Be gentle on yourself for not knowing any better.
▪ Support Black women and men by following them, listening, and buying what they are leading.
▪ Welcome as many conversations about this as possible with your family, friends, and online communities.
▪ Be willing to be wrong. Be humble.
To the black women and women of color here,
I love you.
Please forgive me.
I am so sorry.
I am so sorry.
I am so sorry.
I am so sorry for not feeling your pain.
I am so sorry for not taking action sooner.
I am sorry for my ignorance as a white leader and woman.
Your rage, I welcome.
Your anger, I invite.
These emotions are waking me up.
They are waking us up.
And it is a long, long, long time overdue.
I am having the experience of “I cannot fucking believe that I didn’t see this before.”
I feel ashamed, and I know that feeling will transmute into all the ways I can do better.
I wish I knew, way before this day.
I wish my love for you and all people of every race was written across my every action and I know it is not.
I am being with my privilege.
And the real conversation I am having right now is how the fuck do we change this system that has oppressed black people and other colored communities?
This country was founded upon your oppression and I fucking hate that.
It is my commitment to be a part of the solution.
It is my commitment to use my platform as a means of justice for all.
To every soul here,
(Black, white, colored, latino, gay, straight, queer, poly, trans, whomeverrrrrrrrrr you are)
You are welcome. Please. I love you all.
I DO NOT TOLERATE BULLYING OF ANY KIND.
Projections on other fellow women is not okay.
Please do not perpetuate the sister wound.
Please see how you are hating on the leaders in your realms if they are not showing up the way YOU THINK they should be.
Everyone processes in different amounts of time.
We can’t rush healing.
Yes, now is the time to speak.
And, now is also the time to internally reflect and love.
Please take responsibility for your own emotions before throwing them up on others.
THE SECRET AGENDA AT PLAY IS FURTHER SEPARATION.
Please see that, own your own shadow, and come back to the heart of the matter.
We are here for love.
We are here for equality.
We are here for peace.
I love you all.
We are in this together”