“Civilization may be unraveling in a lot of areas; some of its structures may be collapsing; but it is also in the midst of a tremendous upheaval of creativity — a flood of innovation and genius and love pouring out of millions upon millions of people — a Great Awakening that is far louder and stronger and more interesting than the sleepy resignation and corrosive maliciousness and ignominious decline that the media prefers to focus on.“
Give you, your flowers 🌺
MORE PRONOIA RESOURCES:
Here Are Some Really Good Things That Happened in 2018:
1. Deb Haaland of New Mexico and Sharice Davids of Kansas became the first Native American congresswomen in U.S. history.
2. Ireland ended its abortion ban, thanks to the thousands of people who flew home to vote on the referendum.
3. The New York Times began righting history by publishing obituaries of notable women they overlooked.
4. U.S. Olympian Chloe Kim became the youngest woman to win a medal for halfpipe snowboarding at the 2018 Winter Games, where she took home the gold.
5. Tammy Duckworth made history as the first U.S. senator to give birth while in office, and as the first senator to have a newborn at her side while casting a vote on the Senate floor.
6. More women candidates ran for office than ever.
7. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez upset the Democratic establishment in her monumental win in New York’s 14th congressional district.
8. The Parkland kids — with help from fellow young activists in Chicago — galvanized the country into taking action against gun violence.
9. Kendrick Lamar won the Pulitzer Prize for “DAMN.”
10. Toronto hosted its first-ever Indigenous Fashion Week.
11. #MeToo activists saw some justice in Harvey Weinstein’s arrest, canceled R. Kelly concerts, and Charlie Rose’s suspension — but there’s still much more work to be done.
12. Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain joined forces to fight for equal pay, shining a light on the intersection of race and gender inequality in Hollywood and beyond.
13. Gina Rodriguez donated her Emmy Award campaign money to a scholarship for an undocumented high school student.
194. Laverne Cox graced the cover of Cosmo, making her the first transgender woman to appear on the magazine’s cover.
15. Women in Saudi Arabia started hitting the road after the country repealed its ban on female drivers in 2017.
16. Jordan Peele took home the best original screenplay Oscar for “Get Out” — making him the first black screenwriter to win the award.
17. Adam Rippon and Gus Kenworthy competed as the only openly gay Olympians on Team USA.
✅ I’m going to create my own list, and let tears of gratitude release
joy into my space .
Joy and Benevolence are my theme words, another is needed.
Selecting a theme song as well, beginning today..
There is blue to my sky and the sun is shining , as I tune in
as I search for the correct response in matters of brothers,
sons, lovers and friends who deserve support and guidance
in affirmations that #MeToo like Spirit has no gender.
Shame is multifaceted, and channeled many ways.
Anger is often fear, and enlightening truth, can and does
offer permission . Permission to begin, begins when
an awareness is established , pinging you, nudging you.
That happens when Divine knows you are ready and
I See God In You – India Arie
(Note: I endorse these because I like them. They aren’t advertisements, and I get no kickbacks.)
Please tell me your own nominations for PRONOIA RESOURCES: Truthrooster@gmail.com.